Wednesday, April 27, 2011

CANTRELL FOR PRESIDENT

I am announcing today the formation of an"Exploratory Presidential Committee" concerning my possible entry into the 2012 Presidential election.  After all the numerous committees being formed by "maybe"
candidates; such as Trump, Paul, Huckabee, Palin, and Bachman, and after consuming several "Martinis",  I became convinced it was my duty to throw my Stetson in the ring.  Unfortunately,
the ring was my spa and chlorine and beaver hats are not compatible.

Here are some reasons, I feel I would be a good "Maybe" candidate for this great office:

1.  I have absolutely no political experience
2.  I never attended Harvard or any Ivy League school
3.  I am not rich -  I know how it is to budget/ paycheck to paycheck
4.  I believe as Jackie Gleason  did:  "If you feel money is the root of all evil; you don't know where to shop."  "The Entrepreneurs shall rise again."
5.  I believe all men are created equal; as did the great equalizer:  Samuel Colt
6. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the proper reply or vote on most spending bills in Congress is: "Bullshit!"
7. People outside Nevada should not have to pay for Cowboy Poets, and we people outside DC
need not pay for Cherry Blossom parades.

I also feel this is necessary to honor those great men in the past that have had to courage to run for President,  I am, of course speaking of W. C. Fields, 1935 and Pat Paulsen, 1968.  I especially enjoyed Mr. Fields' campaign soliloquy:  "How not to pay Federal Income Tax and what to do and see while at Alcatraz."  Quite inspiring.

Attached is just a sampling of Pat Paulsen's "almost to the point" campaign:


In closing, to paraphrase Groucho Marx:  "I would never live in a country that would have me as its President"

"Hail to the Chef "-  no really, I am hungry

DONATIONS TO THE CANTRELL FOR PRESIDENT CAMPAIGN WILL BE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED IN MOST VARIETIES OF LIQUID ASSETS. -

No comments:

Post a Comment