Friday, December 7, 2012

CONCEAL OR OPEN CARRY - A GENTLEMAN'S DELIMMA

Recently, there has been extensive discussion on the pros and cons of "Concealed Carry and Open Carry" of handguns in Texas.  There are over 400,000 concealed handgun permits currently in Texas; many of the licensees are women.

Rudyard Kipling's poem, "The Female of the Species" contains the line, "The Female of the Species must be deadlier than the Male." The Theme song from the movie "The Silencers" expounds the following image of the female of the species with these lyrics, from Femme Fatale, Cyd Charisse;"Don't need a gun, don't use a knife, my equipment is much more deadly, son."

I watch people.  My years as an investigator, have taught me to always observe my surroundings.  Yesterday, I ate lunch at "The Sweet Tomato" in Addison, Texas.  This is an all you can eat, salad, soups, pasta, pizza, baked potato, & dessert bar.  A fat boy with a big appetite's Valhalla.

As I ate, I was approached by an older woman, who stroked my hair, as she complimented me on the waves and its white sheen.  A few minutes later, a younger woman approached and said I have "vivid blue eyes".  Thanks to my Mother and Pappy for these genetic gifts. 

Looking around, I saw two women, one seated with a man in the booth to my right and another seated directly in front of me at nearby table.  Both of these women, totally different in ages and aplomb were openly carrying and not concealing their female
"Weapons of Master Destruction."  

I began to wonder, if I approached either or both of these women to compliment them on these attributes or at the very least "Openly Carried" for public viewing, and complimented (no stroking), would they react with a humble "Thank You", as I did with my two visitors or call the manager and cops to have me hauled off as a pervert?

The lady sitting across from me, was very skittish.  She had a tense and frightened look on her face.  Her rather bugish eyes kept bouncing from table to table, and side to side.  She reminded me of a fawn at a watering hole in constant fear of approaching predators.  With these characteristics, you would think she would be dressed in a "Concealed" prudish manner.  NOPE.  She had her blouse unbuttoned to a level, where her cleavage might as well have been accentuated with a neon sign; stating "Grand Opening".

In the booth, next to me, the lady was laughing and obviously a very extroverted individual.  She was tall and thin, with long blond hair.  Although she did not have an exceptionally pretty face, she was obviously compensating by wearing blue jeans that had to have been "sprayed on". Talk about "printing" (showing you handgun under a tight shirt), she was proud of her long legs and area where the person meets the saddle.

Princess Derriere had a great appetite and she paraded several times back and forth to the soup and pasta bars.  The motion resembled two puppies fighting under a blanket.
Raymond Chandler's quote came to mind.  "She was a woman. A woman the Pope would throw a rock through a stained glass window, just watch her walk away."

So there you have the dilemma of an older white haired gentleman, raised to be courteous and complimentary whenever possible.  The ladies can stroke my hair or compliment my blue eyes, but if I, with simple mannerly intent, mention "Open Carried" cleavage or the "Concealed but Printed Carried" rumble seat.
I would be "Persona non Grata" from my favorite restaurant & hospitalized if my wife found out.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY:

The female of the species don't need no stupid badges or permits, they are born with controlling equipment which will for eternity make them; "Deadlier than the Male."



No comments:

Post a Comment